My academic and professional careers have narrowed from computer science to software engineering to human-computer interaction and accessible technology.
My research addresses the needs of people with vision impairments in 2 primary areas: “accessible fashion” – using wearable computing and social collaboration to translate the visual medium of fashion; and pedestrian navigation – conducting studies to inform the design of mobile navigation technology.
Email: mawilliams [at] umbc [dot] edu
(Please note the name change from Michele A. Burton to Michele A. Williams)
- SREB Fellow – Dissertation Award Recipient
- February 7-10: Richard Tapia Celebration of Diversity in Computing
- February 23-27: CSCW 2013 Conference (Workshop on Social Media Question Asking)
- April 27 – May 2: CHI 2013 Conference
- June – August: Summer Internship at Yahoo! Labs under the direction of Dr. Alan Brightman and Dr. Gary Moulton
- October 21-23: ACM ASSETS Conference (Presenting full paper and poster, also doctoral consortium participant)
- February 15-19: CSCW 2014 Conference (Co-author of full paper)